Revenue Contribution: 9%
- Portfolio expansion
- Organic launches such as SynchrobreatheTM breath-actuated inhaler in multiple markets and Flohale in Algeria
- Strategic in-licensing and partnership deals such as Novartis partnership in Australia and Sri Lanka
- Continued respiratory leadership position in Sri Lanka and Nepal; ARV leadership in Myanmar
- Strengthened biosimilar franchise across emerging markets via multiple in-licensing deals
Revenue Contribution: 39% (Including CHL)
- Continued leadership position in respiratory and urology coupled with improving market share in cardiology and diabetology
- Maintained 2nd largest presence in chronic therapies
Revenue Contribution: 23%
- Growth driven by expansion of direct-to-market (DTM) presence and contribution from limited competition launches
- Continued focus on differentiated launches along with expansion of respiratory franchise (approval for Albuterol and filing of gAdvair)
SAGA (South Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, Global Access)
Revenue contrbution: 18%
- 3rd largest pharmaceutical corporation (Rx + OTC) within the SA private market
- Top three therapies and market share - CNS (10.2%), Respiratory (12.6%) Alimentary tract & metabolism (5.1%)
- Emerged largest OTC player in the addressable market with a share of 7.1% and 3rd largest ARV player in the private market with a share of 15%
Note: Market share and rankings as per IQVIA MAT Mar’ 20
Revenue Contribution: 5%
- Deepening presence in respiratory, oncology, complex injectables and ARVs
For decades, the Indian pharmaceutical industry has been driving better health outcomes for the economy. Cipla’s commitment to high quality standards has made us the most trusted brand among patients and one of the top Indian pharma companies among healthcare professionals. India continues to be one of the most important and focused markets for Cipla. In FY 19-20, Cipla’s overall domestic business contributed to 39% of the global revenues.
Today, Cipla is the 3rd largest pharmaceutical company in India, with product portfolio spanning across various therapeutic areas including Respiratory, Anti-infectives, Cardio-metabolic, Gastro and Urology. Our strong brand equity, product range and unique dosage forms help us stand out in the fiercely competitive Indian pharmaceutical industry environment.
Cipla USA Inc., the US subsidiary of Cipla Limited, is Headquartered in Warren, NJ.
Over last few years, Cipla has significantly expanded its portfolio and presence in the world’s largest pharmaceutical market of US. Building further on the commercial front end acquired through InvaGen Pharmaceuticals Inc. and Exelan Pharmaceuticals Inc, Cipla has remained the most dispensed generic players in the U.S.
The North America business today represents 23% of our overall revenues.
Cipla is investing significant resources with a vision to expand its Respiratory franchise in the US market and gain a significant market presence. A strong pipeline of differentiated and complex molecules are part of Cipla’s pipeline that shall continue to drive growth for US.
Cipla is present in almost all countries in the European region with 4 DTMs in Germany, Norway, Spain and the UK. The change in the business model for the European countries, moving from DTM model to a partnership- led B2B model, has improved profitability significantly. From a Therapy standpoint, while respiratory continues to remain a focus area, Oncology and complex injectable will be a part of the differentiated product portfolio strategy in the region.Read More
Emerging Markets region for Cipla comprises of all markets outside of India, North America, South Africa/ Sub-Saharan Africa and Europe but includes North Africa and Australia. Cipla has presence in 52 countries in this region including direct to market models in 13 countries. Cipla has continued to be present in traditionally considered risky geographies to ensure medicines access to patients. Over years, respiratory has been a key business growth driver for Emerging Markets. Cipla continues to be a Respiratory leader in Sri Lanka, Nepal, & Morocco. The Company continues to focus on deepening its presence in Australia through respiratory portfolio and in markets such as China, Brazil & Indonesia through in-house pipeline products and JV partnerships.
Based in Melbourne, Cipla Australia has a vast pipeline of products that are supplied in Australia as well as US & EU. Millions of Australians have access to a Cipla manufactured product through our community pharmacy partners around Australia. Our state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities are TGA approved as well as being USFDA (USA) and MHRA (UK) approved. Cipla Australia has over 200 registered; formulations;with TGA through partnerships with market leaders and on its own.Know More
South Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa and Cipla Global Access (SAGA)
Cipla Medpro, a 100% subsidiary of Cipla Limited, has a strong presence across various therapeutic categories in South Africa. Cipla is one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in South Africa by volume and third largest by value. Cipla is recognised widely in Africa for the pioneering role it played in ensuring access to HIV/Aids medication with its innovative tripe-combination anti-retroviral (ARV) in 2001. This was available to patients at less than $1 a day – a significant cost saving – thereby allowing access to millions of people living with HIV/Aids and saving millions of lives in Africa alone.Know More
Cipla Sri Lanka referred to as Breathe Free Lanka Pvt Ltd is a fully own subsidiary of Cipla. Over the course of its journey in the country in the last two decades, the company has introduced several novel and important products. Besides focusing on unmet patient needs, Breathe Free Lanka has gone ‘beyond the pill’ to foster disease awareness and lend patient support. The company has been instrumental in patient awareness campaigns such as ‘Save Your Lungs Kandy’, and in conducting skill workshops and research projects to improve Continuous Medical Education (CME) of professionals and technicians by collaborating with Sri Lanka College of Pulmonologists.Know More