Since 1997, Cipla has been committed to strengthen the bones of millions of patients suffering from osteoporosis. We have the widest range of osteoporosis drugs that meet the individual needs of people to adhere to the medicine.
- At a time when anti-osteoporosis medicines were not available in the country, we launched Alendronate, the first osteoporosis drug to be introduced in India.
- We introduced Risedronate, an anti-osteoporosis drug in India at 1/10th the price of the innovator brand, making it affordable to all.
- Patient compliance is generally a big challenge in the treatment of osteoporosis. Risedronate 150 met this challenge with its once-a-month dosing and this has improved patient adherence.
- With our launch of Risedronate 35 mg + Calcium Citrate Maleate + Cholecalciferol, patients are ensured that, along with the bisphosphonate, they get Calcium and Vitamin D, which is an integral part of osteoporosis treatment.
- When we introduced Zoledronic acid, an injection for osteoporosis to be taken just once a year, we increased patient compliance by leaps and bounds.
- We have several patient education programmes that spread awareness in osteoporosis.
- Our 'Save Bones Clinic' is a patient service for early diagnosis and prevention of osteoporosis.
We are concentrating our efforts on coming out with further improvements on drugs in order to help more and more people suffering from osteoporosis adhere better.