Cipla hopes to bring relief to the lives of cancer patients with its range of quality products at humane prices. We have also helped pioneer the concept of Palliative Care in India by founding the Cipla Palliative Care and Training Centre
Here are some key milestones:
- We were the first company in India to introduce the drugs Vincristin and Vinblastine in the year 1984.
- Over the years, we have extended our anti-cancer portfolio and now we have more than 32 drugs (57 SKU) to treat various types of cancer.
- We manufacture most of the APIs in-house - this is testimony to our strong research, manufacturing and quality capabilities.
- We were the first in India to get US FDA approval for our manufacturing facilities for oncology products.
- We reach out to all types of oncologists and also select allied specialists in an effort to provide better support for better treatment.
- We have successfully developed and manufactured a number of nanotech based products for cancer, such as paclitaxel injection. The aim is to prevent unwanted toxicity, improve patient compliance and thus provide favourable clinical outcomes.
- The Cipla Palliative Care and Training Centre Pune was set up in 1997 to provide free care for terminally ill cancer patients. The approach is holistic, and focuses not on dying but on living each day to the fullest. Over the years, the Centre has reached out to more than 11,000 patients and their families. Because we believe that if the disease can’t be healed, we must at least try and heal the pain.